Compete in America’s largest bonspiel for Junior teams!
- The Bert Payne International has separate divisions for “competitive” (highly skilled) and “developing” (mostly teenagers, with a few remarkable younger teams) and “recreational” (adolescent) teams.
- Junior teams from around the world have come to Duluth to participate in the Bert Payne, because it is a top world event.
- You will not find stronger competition this side of the Junior World Championships.
- Meals for participants included: Friday Night Dinner; Saturday Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner; Sunday Breakfast. Information on Meal tickets for accompanying family members will come with your registration confirmation email.
- Draws begin at 4:00pm on Friday, 10:00am on Saturday, Semi-finals on Sunday morning starting at 8:00am. T-shirts for all curlers, drawings for prizes, and trophies for winner and runner-up in each event.
- Elizabeth Busche Memorial Fund announces plans to award educational gifts.
- Elizabeth Busche was the vice skip of the 2012 USA Junior Nationals Championship Team (Team Christensen). Elizabeth was a 19 year old freshman at North Dakota State University – Fargo, who knew the delicate balance of college life and junior competitive curling. Keane and Jane Busche, her parents, will annually award two $500 educational gifts, from the Elizabeth Busche Memorial Fund, to two junior competitive curlers who are pursuing post-secondary educational degrees, have played down in their state or region, and are in the competitive division of the Bert Payne Junior Bonspiel.
These annual educational gifts will be determined and awarded at the sole discretion of Elizabeth’s parents, Keane and Jane Busche.
Registration and Cost Info
- Register early to guarantee your spot! Entry for this event is FREE for Duluth Curlers, or $120 with a deposit of $60 USD due upon registration. Send deposit or entry fee to:
- Attn: Dick (Bert Payne Registration)
- Duluth Curling Club
- 327 Harbor Drive
- Duluth, MN 55802
- A complete entry and the $60 deposit will hold your spot in the event. Your entry will not be reserved without the deposit.
- You will receive a confirming email once your complete entry and deposit are received, so please include your email address with your entry payment.
- Deposits are fully refundable if you cancel more than 7 days in advance of the event.
- Entry fees must be in US Funds.
- Please contact Jon Fiskness if you would like to curl but do not have a team.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Bert Payne Junior Bonspiel Signup Form