Entry fees and deadlines for the 2015 House of Hearts will be as follows:
- EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT!!! BEFORE February 3rd, $100 (Note: this is also the deadline to be eligible for the TV drawing!)
- AFTER February 3rd, $120
- Entry fee non-refundable, but it is transferrable.
- Registration not complete until entry fee is received. Participant list will be available online as entries are paid. Check back for updates!
There are three ways to register for the 2015 House of Hearts Celebrity Bonspiel:
1. Register at the Duluth Curling Club. Drop your $100 check payable to “House of Hearts” into the black HOH dropbox at the DCC. It is located next to the HOH bulletin board.
2. Register Online: This year, you can register online again through our registration website at Eventbrite. Register online and get a FREE DRINK!!! Please note: there is a $5.99 fee from Eventbrite to use their service.
3. Register via Mail: Send your name, phone number, email address, and a $100 check payable to “House of Hearts.” Please send your information and payment to: Duluth Curling Club, Attn: Barb Payette, 327 Harbor Drive, Duluth, MN 55802
Unlike previous years, we will not hold your spot until your entry fee is paid.
HOH now has reserved a block of rooms at our host hotel, The Suites Hotel, in Canal Park. Please call 218-727-4663 for reservations and ask for the House of Hearts 2014 rate. Only as a guest of the hotel will you have access to the hospitality room.
We are raising money for the St. Lukes Foundataion. 100% of donations are given to the charity here in Duluth. Read more about the impact the HOH has made.
- This is above & beyond your $100 entry fee.
- This is the area that really makes our contribution to the St. Luke’s Foundation count.
- This is the one time “you” can contribute to the HOH where it doesn’t come out of your own pocket!
- 100% of your pledges go directly to the St. Lukes Foundation.
- Bring your completed pledge sheet and pledges to registration the day of the event.
Other Ways to Increase your Pledge Total
- Did you get a team sponsor? Team sponsors are $60 and 100% of it will count toward your pledge total!
- Donate items for the baskets or silent auction. All donations due by March 16th, 2014! A portion of the donation’s value will be counted on your pledge sheet. (The amount is under the discretion of the silent auction chair, typically 25-50% of retail value) 50% of a Gift certificate’s value will count towards your pledge total. Donations become the property of HOH and are not returnable.
Don’t forget to keep digging for those pledges!
- If you raise over $700 in pledges you can pick your celebrity skip AND your position. You will also receive the 2014 HOH Jacket or sweatshirt, a pair of Ashlam leather mitts with the HOH logo, and a stylish HOH t-shirt.
- If you raise more than $350 in pledges, you will receive a pair of Asham leather mitts with the HOH logo embroidered on them (Thanks Asham, Lakeside Curling and the Polos), and a stylish HOH t-shirt.
- If you raise over $100, you will receive a stylish HOH t-shirt, featuring everyone’s favorite – the DRanger Dude.
What to Expect (Tentative Schedule)
Thursday March 19th, 2015
Kick off festivities take place at the Duluth Curling Club. Includes cocktail reception and dinner.
4:30 pm Registration and Social (Duluth Curling Club)
5:45 pm Team Draw
6:30 pm Parade of Skips
7:15 pm Banquet
7:30 pm Fundraising Events Begin
10:00pm Putt-O-Rama and Tippy Cup
Friday March 20th, 2015
11:00 am Pin Party at The Suites Hotel
12:30 pm Lunch at and provided by the Green Mill
2:00 pm Celebrity Skins Game
3:00 pm Curling – Draw 1
5:00 pm Curling – Draw 2
7:00pm Drawing for TV
7:30pm Curling – Draw 3
9:00 pm Harry’s Beach Party – come in your best beach themed attire!! Post Parties and Raffle Winners Drawn
Saturday March 21st, 2015
11:00 am “C” Quarterfinals and Silent Auction Begins
12:45 pm “A” and “B” Quarterfinals
3:00 pm Semifinals
5:00 pm DRanger Shootout
6:30 pm All Event Finals
8:30 pm Post Party, Silent Auction Concludes, and Final Raffle Winners Drawn
10:30 pm Awards presentation and check presentation