The Fun Night is back on, but will be held in the afternoon on Sunday the 26th from 2-4pm. Bring friends and family down to the club for this great event. There will be instruction and food service available. $5 non members, Free for students 12-18years old. DCC Members are always free! This is your last chance to learn before the Olympics. Bring clean athletic shoes and a positive attitude. Any questions, ask Joanne or Ken, or contact the DCC office.
The US Junior National Championship at the Granite Curling Club in Seattle starts Saturday. The competition runs from Jan. 25-Feb. 1. The winner will represent the U.S. at the 2014 World Junior Championships Feb. 26-March 5 in Flims, Switzerland. Good curling!
- Cory Christensen, Mackenzie Lank (New York), Anna Bauman, Anna Hopkins (ND) and Sonja Bauman
- Courtney Osbakken, Fayth Yecoshenko, Emma Bromenschenkel, Rebecca Miles and Alexis Lanigan
- Melissa Runing, Katelyn Furst, Cait Flannery, Alyson Deegan and Hannah Johnson
- Korey Dropkin, Tom Howell (Milwaukee), Mark Fenner (Bemidji), and Alex Fenson (Bemidji)
- Ethan Meyers, Kyle Kakela, Trevor Host, Quinn Evenson, and Zachery Waitrovich
- Daniel Plys, Noah Fiskness, Ryan Riihinen, Wesley Leksell, and Jesse Jaeger
Eleven Duluth curlers are competing in the 2014 Mens Senior Nationals being held Jan. 22-26 in Portage, Wisconsin. The winner will represent the U.S. at the World Senior Championships, held April 22-29 in Dumfries, Scotland. Good Curling gentlemen!
- Ross Litman, Sammy Perrella, Dave Johnson, and Lee Leksell
- Doug Cameron, Steve Kokotovich, Keane Busche, and Scott Mullen
- Seppo Sormunen, Jeff Erickson (St. Paul), Vincel Bernet(St. Paul), John Krenz (Mankato)
- Lyle Sieg (Seattle) Phil Devore, Ken Trask (Seattle), Duane Rutan (Seattle)
- Jim Milosevich (St. Paul), Dale Gibbs (St. Paul), Mark Lusche, Neil Kay (St. Paul)
Congratualtions to Evan Host, Cory Christensen, Quinn Evenson and Ethan Meyers on winning the 1st annual Elizabeth Busche Memorial Bonspiel.
The Ross Litman rink (Ross Litman, Sam Perrella, Lee Leksell, and Dean Birman) won the 16th Bruce Bennett Memorial Over-40 Bonspiel. Other event winners were as follows: Second event: Ron Gervais (Pete Gresczyk, Terry Norlen, and Brian Smith). Third event: Mike Marquardt (Jeremy Zeman, Tom Zeman, and Jeff Anderson) and Fourth event: Tom Eng (Eric Nelson, Darrell Goldberg, and Dale Hoff)
Congratulations to all the winners!
Join us Tuesday, Jan 14th from 5-8pm at the DCC for a Spaghetti Fundraiser. All proceeds go directly to the Juniors from our club participating in the 2014 USCA Junior Nationals in Seattle, Washington. 13 of our fantastic junior curlers have qualified to compete in Nationals. Please help if you can! Get your tickets ($10) at the door or from one of the junior curlers themselves. They are: Anna Bauman, Sonja Bauman, Cory Christensen, Korey Dropkin, Quinn Evenson, Noah Fiskness, Trevor Host, Wes Leksell, Ethan Meyers, Rebecca Miles, Courtney Osbakken, Dan Plys, and Fayth Yescoshenko.
Team Plys (Dan Plys, Noah Fiskness, Ryan Riihinan, and Wes Leksell) is having a spaghetti fundraiser to raise funds for their trip to the US Junior Nationals in Seattle later this month. The event is held at GB Schneider & Co. on Wednesday January 8 from 5-8 pm. Cost $10 at the door. Contact Amy Johnson-Fiskness for more information!
Congratulations to Team Osbakken (Courtney Osbakken, Fayth Yecoshenko, Emma Bromenschenkel and Rebecca Miles) and Team Meyers (Ethan Meyers, Kyle Kakela, Trevor Host, Quinn Evenson, and Zachery Waitrovich) on becoming the 2014 MN State Jr. Champions. The teams now move on to the US Junior National Championship at the Granite Curling Club in Seattle Jan. 25-Feb. 1. Joining them will be the runners up from the MN State event: Team Running (Melissa Runing, Katelyn Furst, Cait Flannery, and Alyson Deegan) and Team Plys (Daniel Plys, Noah Fiskness, Ryan Riihinen, and Wesley Leksell)
Duluth’s Christensen rink (Cory Christensen, Mackenzie Lank, Anna Bauman, and Sonja Bauman) and Dropkin rink (Korey Dropkin, Tom Howell, Mark Fenner, and Alex Fenson) have also already qualified for the event in Seattle.
View the entire field here. The winner in Seattle will represent the U.S. at the 2014 World Junior Championships Feb. 26-March 5 in Flims, Switzerland.