The Duluth Curling Club has a part-time bookkeeper position available. Please see the job description below. To apply, send resume to:
Duluth Curling Club
attn: General Manager
327 Harbor Drive
Duluth, MN 55802-2639
BOOKKEEPER JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to the General Manager
- Prepare and transmit all period tax reports including gambling quarterlies
- Maintain employee records
- Prepare payroll within 3 days of end of payroll period
- Payroll periods end on the 15th and last day of the month.
- Count, record and deposit all money received within 2 business days
- Bonspiel entries
- Keep a record of entries sent in advance
- Coordinate with Bonspiel chair regarding collection of fees day of Bonspiel
- Prepare cash boxes well in advance for hockey nights, intramurals etc.
- Check status of change in safe on a regular basis and ensure proper denominations are there.
- Prepare Invoices for receivables
- Keep track of dues paid and send reminders to those who are delinquent
- Review all invoices
- Ensure invoices regarding kitchen and bar have been reviewed by kitchen manager prior to payment.
- Prepare checks for payment within 10 working days of receipt
Monthly Financial Statements
- Prepare monthly reports for Board Treasurer and Board of Directors by the Friday prior to a scheduled Board meeting
End of Season
- Retrieve credits from vendors
Maintain regular office hours
- Average time is 25 hours per week during the curling season – 50 hours per week during the first 2-3 weeks of the curling season.
Salary commensurate with experience