The Elizabeth Busche Memorial Junior Bonspiel has separate divisions for “competitive” (highly skilled) and “developing” (mostly teenagers, with a few remarkable younger teams) and “recreational” (adolescent) teams.
Scheduled Friday Draws (12/18)
|6:00 PM||Archer Simpson – St. Paul||v||Bryce Symens – Duluth|
|Jack Clasen – St. Paul||v||Lucas Goetzman – Duluth|
|Garrett Solum – Rice Lake||v||Ryan Marriot – St. Paul|
|Nate Weimholt – St. Paul||v||Calvin Lund – Duluth|
|Charlie Thompson – Rice Lake||v||Jake Zeman – Duluth|
|8:00 PM||Marin Barrett – St. Paul||v||Emily Quello – Bemidji|
|Joshua Moore – Mapleton||v||Ty Milner – Duluth|
|Chiara DeLuca – Duluth||v||John Thro – Duluth|
|Hannah Stahl – Hibbing||v||Jake Garbes – Mapleton|
|Mackenzie Page – Mapleton||v||Melissa Runing – Mankato|
|Tristan Bakke – St. Paul||v||Lucas Goetzman – Duluth|
- Junior teams from around the state have come to Duluth to participate in the Elizabeth Busche Memorial Junior Bonspiel.
- Meals for participants included: Friday Night Dinner; Saturday Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner; Sunday Breakfast. Information on Meal tickets for accompanying family members will come with your registration confirmation email.
- Draws begin at 4:00pm on Friday, 10:00am on Saturday, Semi-finals on Sunday morning starting at 8:00am. T-shirts for all curlers, drawings for prizes, and trophies for winner and runner-up in each event.
- Elizabeth Busche Memorial Fund announces plans to award educational gifts.
- Elizabeth Busche was the vice skip of the 2012 USA Junior Nationals Championship Team (Team Christensen). Elizabeth was a 19 year old freshman at North Dakota State University – Fargo, who knew the delicate balance of college life and junior competitive curling. Keane and Jane Busche, her parents, will annually award two $500 educational gifts, from the Elizabeth Busche Memorial Fund, to two junior competitive curlers who are pursuing post-secondary educational degrees, have played down in their state or region, and are in the competitive division of the Elizabeth Busche Memorial Junior Bonspiel.
- These annual educational gifts will be determined and awarded at the sole discretion of Elizabeth’s parents, Keane and Jane Busche.
Registration and Cost Info
- Register early to guarantee your spot! Entry for this event is FREE for Duluth Curlers, or $120 USD with a deposit of $60 USD due upon registration. Send deposit or entry fee to:Attn: Dick (Elizabeth Busche Mem Jr Bonspiel): Duluth Curling Club, 327 Harbor Drive, Duluth, MN 55802
- A complete entry and the $60 USD deposit will hold your spot in the event. Your entry will not be reserved without the deposit.
- You will receive a confirming email once your complete entry and deposit are received, so please include your email address with your entry payment.
- Deposits are fully refundable if you cancel more than 7 days in advance of the event.
- Entry fees must be in US Funds.
- Please contact Arlette DeGrio if you would like to curl but do not have a team.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Hotel rooms blocked at the Radisson Hotel Duluth Harborview. Call (218) 727-8981 and ask for the curler’s rate of $95/night.
- 2014 Evan Host, Cory Christensen, Quinn Evenson and Ethan Meyers
Register a Team Now!
Registration for the Elizabeth Busche Memorial Bonspiel is now closed.